Social contracting – a tool for better outcomes for people (01.06.2013-30.11.2014)
General aim of the project is - to improve the mechanisms for support and social inclusion of vulnerable people.
Specific objectives of the projects are:
· To increase the effectiveness of social contracting of services;
· To create innovative models of contracting when providing public services in the fields of healthcare and education;
· To improve the quality of support for vulnerable people in the fields of healthcare, education and social inclusion;
· To increase the accessibility and flexibility of public services and forms of support in the healthcare, education and social inclusion spheres;
· To create an informal network between/among the social service providers to exchange experience.
Activities of the project included:
Activity 1. Preparatory meetings of the team and partners
Activity 2. Round table discussion on the problems of social contracting of services in Bulgaria – opportunities and challenges
Activity 3. Writing/drafting/development of a methodology for evaluation of the current social contracting mechanism in Bulgaria
Activity 4. Evaluation of the current social contracting mechanism in Bulgaria
Activity 5. Analysis of the European experience in the provision of social services by external suppliers
Activity 6: Publishing the evaluation of the social contracting mechanism in Bulgaria and the analysis of the European experience in the provision of social services by external suppliers
Activity 7. Organizing visits to exchange experiences in Hungary and the Netherlands
Activity 8. Development of proposals for improving/advancing the social contracting model in Bulgaria
Activity 9. Closing conference
Activity 10. Ensuring publicity and awareness
Activity 11. Creating a platform for sustainable exchange of experience and professional consultation.