Main Objective: BCNL has identified three interlinked priority areas of work for the next three years - Creating an enabling environment (improvement of the legal and financial framework ) for increased financial sustainability of NGOs in Bulgaria; Assistance to NGOs to know and use legal provisions and regulations and Promotion of NGO/Government Partnership
1. Drafted and adopted legislative proposals related to improving the financial sustainability of NGOs;
2. Increased knowledge and information of NGOs on existing and needed regulations for financial sustainability of the NGO;
3. Created mechanisms and practice for joint initiatives of NGOs to monitor, discuss and suggest changes in the regulations of importance for their sustainability;
4. More enabling fiscal framework for NGOs and greater opportunities for achieving financial sustainability;
5. Raised awareness of government on the public benefit that NGOs bring and the need to support better environment for their sustainability.
Source of funding: Trust for Civil Society in Central and Eastern Europe